Why hire an agent?
Studies show that sellers who use a real estate agent generally get a better price than those who choose to sell the home themselves. As an agent it is my job to stay up to date on the latest market trends and fluctuations. Utilizing an agent means no surprises during the selling process, as you will have latest information at critical junctures in the process. Let me put my experience to work for you to ensure you get the best price for your home!
Preparing your home to sell
- Hire an agent who knows the market. Understand the timeframe it will take to sell once your home is listed. Compare other homes in the area to understand a pricing strategy. Establish your priorities with selling.
- Set a date for selling your home and work backwards to establish a timeline and listing date.
- Get a pre-sale home inspection. Once you’ve completed these steps you may want to hire someone to perform a pre-listing inspection. Buyers will be hiring professional inspectors too; this is your chance to find and address problems before it’s time to sell.
- Perform needed repairs or upgrades but don’t waste money on unnecessary changes – Get it done with Compass Concierge (link to my concierge page) and no out of pocket expenses
- Start packing. Now is the time to put things in storage, clean out the basement and garage and start preparing to show your home. Remove any family photos or personal items. Remember, you want buyers to see themselves in your home!
- Take a look at the curb appeal. Trim any overgrown bushes, mow the lawn and keep it free of leaves or snow. Make sure the front of the home is clean and appealing. You want to make a strong first impression!
- Extra Cleaning. Keep the interior and exterior clean and odor free.
- Stage your home with a professional stager. This will help sell your home faster and for a higher price.
- Photos – Nearly all home searches start online so get the best photos. A professional real estate photographer is a must.
- Your house is listed! Now is where the hard work pays off. Plan to have something to do during the times buyers want to visit your house. If possible, remove pets and any evidence they live in the house.
- Get the attention of the best buyers in your market
- Review and negotiate offers with your priorities in mind, including the closing date.
- Fulfill any closing obligations
- Prepare to move. Pack and move your home.
- Close on the sale. Receive funds from the sale 1-2 days after closing.
Get fronted for the cost of home improvement services with no interest — ever.
Compass Concierge is the hassle-free way to sell your home faster and for a higher price with services like staging, flooring, painting, and more.
Learn how Concierge can help sell your home faster and for a higher price.
By clicking “Submit” you agree that Compass, its affiliates or associated third parties may contact you, including with calls or texts by automated means.
Your Compass agent will help you determine which services can deliver the greatest return on your investment.
The entire process is designed for speed, so that work can begin — and your home can sell — as quickly as possible.
You’ll never have to worry about upfront costs or interest.
Your Compass agent will be by your side throughout the process, advising you along the way.
How it works
- You and your agent work together to decide which services can increase your home’s value the most and set an estimated budget for the work.
- When you’re ready to start, your Compass agent will be by your side as you engage vendors and commission work.
- Once the transformation is complete, your home will go on the market.
- You’ll pay for the services when one of the following happens — your home sells, you terminate your listing agreement with Compass, or 12 months pass from your Concierge start date.
No hidden fees, no interest charged—ever.
The percentage of homebuyers willing to pay more for hardwood floors
The potential return of every $100 you invest in staging your home
The percentage of sellers’ agents who say staging decreases a property’s time on market
why the brokerage you choose makes a difference
A brokerage of unparalleled agents
As an innovative residential real estate firm, we empower our agents so they have more time for advising their clients. With the solutions-driven mindset of a startup and the sophistication of a luxury brand, Compass is the future of real estate.
A tech company reinventing the space
To lead the industry requires the smartest tools built by the brightest minds across engineering, design and strategy. Through our proprietary platform, Compass is changing how agents and clients navigate the process of finding or selling a home.
The Story Behind Compass Real Estate Technology
“And it’s no wonder Compass has shaken things
up: As anyone who’s ever tried to rent or buy
property in New York knows, the experience is
loaded with pain points – exactly the type of
stuff that turns mere ideas into thriving
“While Compass functions like a traditional
broker, the company’s promise is using
technology to reduce the time and friction of
buying and selling a house or apartment… last
month Compass released an app designed to
replace ‘stale’ quarterly market reports with
more dynamic information.”
“You might think of Compass as the equivalent
of the launch of the first iPhone to the various
other smartphones that preceded it.”
Relocate to another city
All agents are not equal. I have the tools to find a top Compass Agent wherever you may be searching for a home. Work with the best in your new City
Want to know more? Contact Steve today to book an appointment!